Ducks Unlimited Member Forums

Posted 11/21/2013 12:31:13 PM

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: 12/18/2013 3:11:26 PM
I just got my new pit set up and going but the doors keep giving me problems. any suggestions on good doors for a pit? something I can throw up thatll provide good cover. its in a corn filed
Post #774847
Add to Twitter Add to Facebook
 Posted 7/17/2014 8:38:38 AM

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: 9/3/2014 3:43:11 PM
Depends on how permanent and waterproof you want to make it.  I have hunted out of blinds that just used camo fabric and/or the grass sheets.  They were wet and miserable in a rain.  When I built mine I sunk a  20 by 8 metal shipping container (roof cut off).  I installed a four foot permanent roof across the back and mounted garage door tracking  perpendicular across the the blind.  I built three roof panels that mount to the tracking.  When in the blind, a simple tug on a rope pulls the movable roof backwards over top the permanent roof and we shoot.  This keeps all rainwater out of the blind all year long.  I use roof material panels from Lowes to cover the roof and simply tie camo grass sheets on each season.  This is a very permanent arrangement.  WE had one similar on an old blind that lasted for over 20 years.
Post #776338
Add to Twitter Add to Facebook