Ducks Unlimited Member Forums

semi auto, pump, or double

Posted 1/14/2014 4:05:15 PM

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: 1/16/2014 2:13:18 PM
Just curious what most people prefer to hunt with. We have a trip planned this weekend and I'm thinking of bringing the over under for some duck hunting will be the first time I've hunted ducks with it usually just my upland and skeet gun. I'm in swamps a lot and don't what to give it the abuse and the third shot is always nice to have but I feel like I could save some money with only 2 shots haha. so if y'all could just hit me back with what your preference or experiences you have had I would appreciate it.

hunting season is the only season
Post #775399
Add to Twitter Add to Facebook
 Posted 1/15/2014 5:04:42 AM

Last Login: 3 hours ago
I've duck hunted for forty years with a double barrel (sxs) and took a load of crap for it.  All about that third shell I don't have, etc.  I kill two and move on.  Use whatever you like and enjoy the day!!
Post #775404
 Posted 1/16/2014 9:05:08 PM

Last Login: 1/16/2014 8:54:51 PM
If you don't get out to hunt very often and want to make the most of this trip, use whichever one you're most comfortable with. 

I like a pump gun vs a semi. I think all too often guys rattle off all three shots so quickly with a semi that they never even have a chance to adjust if they're not on the bird. Shooting a pump puts just enough time between my shots that I can correct on the next shot. 
Post #775410